Grey Dawn Needs Therapy

Hi my name is Gray Dawn. I'm a blueberry pie alpaca. Mommy named me after a collie from one of her favorite Albert Payson Terhune books. I have a lot of interests like playing with my friends, climbing up and down the shelves and generally being cute. But one of my interests got me into trouble one day. This is my story.
I was sitting at the computer minding my own business one day when Mommy came up to me.
Gray Dawn, she's said, I got my bank statement.
I stood very still. I didn't want her to see that I was buying alpacas.
Do you know how much money you spent on alpacas in the past couple months? Hey are you buying alpacas right now?
Um. No? I quickly changed the screen to a picture that I'd been coloring. I'm just coloring I said.
Gray Dawn, we have to talk she said. You spend way too much of my money on alpacas. I think you have a problem. I pushed my reading glasses up on my head and gave her a serious look. I don't have a problem I said. You don't? replied Mommy. Then why did I just see you buying more alpacas? I was just seeing what was available I said but then I felt bad for lying. You're right I said I was buying alpacas. But only mini ones! 
It's official. You need therapy. Come with me and I'll take you. She put my glasses on the table brushed my fur and off we went.
It was very windy outside and my silky fur blew in the breeze as we stood on the deck and waited for Daddy to come home to pick us up.
I wanted to drive but mommy wouldn't let me. She said I was too short. I don't know who she thinks she's talking to, she's short too.
Here we are waiting for Daddy to come home. I like to ride on Mommy's shoulder! 
As we waited for Daddy I looked out the windows of the car. We live on a very pretty property and I like to be outside looking at the wide open spaces. 
Whenever Mommy goes to visit the therapist she brings her eggs. She calls them Happy Chicken Eggs because they are from our happy chickens. I'm not a big chicken fan. I think they talk too much but I sure like their eggs.
When Daddy got home Mommy buckled me in safely and Daddy started to drive to the therapist's office. It didn't take long to get there and before I knew it we had climbed the stairs together and were in a small waiting room. I settled myself in one of the chairs and waited. I was next!
When the therapist called me in I went and laid on the couch. I was ready! It was time to get it all out in the open. She asked me how I was doing and we chatted for a little bit. I decided I liked her very much and wanted to open up.
I told her my feelings about being a little fluffy alpaca and getting lots of hugs and kisses. I loved it! She asked me about me spending money on alpacas. I told her I was buying them for Mommy so she could have more alpacas to hug and kiss. The therapist agreed that I was doing this a little too much but that it was also nice of me to think of Mommy. Her suggestion was that maybe instead of taking Mommy's card I should ask her first. I agreed that maybe I should be doing that. In the end though we both agreed the more alpacas the better! Even Mommy had to agree with that statement. Our drive home was fairly quiet.
We stopped for sandwiches for dinner and brought them home to eat. I only had a tiny sandwich. It was a chicken sandwich. Oh so that's what they're really for!
So that's my story.
Take it from me Gray Dawn. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Although that doesn't really apply in this case because buying alpacas isn't really a problem, right Mommy? 
Okay I have to get going. I'm waiting for the mail. I hope my new alpacas come soon. Oh um... I mean bye!

Love Gray Dawn. 🦙

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Louisa Runs Away

A Special Storytime

Andi