Sophie Goes on A Trip

Sophie was excited. She was also a little nervous. Mommy was sending her to the Doll Maker for her new hair. The only trip she'd ever been on was the one she took to come live here. And she didn't really remember that.
'Where are you going?' I asked. 
'Someplace called Debaska,' she replied. 
'It's Nebraska,' said Melody. 'It's cold, and there are mountains and it's cold.' She was unhappy. She and Sophie had grown very close since she'd arrived. The dolls lined up to say goodbye. 

Sophie did some stretches. She knew she'd be immobile in the box. As a ballerina she knew how important it was to stay limber.

After her stretches, she approached Sonata. They weren't on hugging terms terms yet, but Sonata affectionately touched her arm. 
'Listen, Sophie, don't worry. When you get into the box you'll go into kind of a sleep. You might bump around a bit but you won't really know it. The Doll Maker will take good care of you. She's super nice and loves dolls. Time will pass quickly then you'll be on your way home.'
'Thanks Sonata,' she said, 'that helps a lot.'

Melody grabbed her in a big hug.
'Take care! Don't talk to strangers! Be safe!' she cried, sniffling.
'Ok, Melody,' said Sophie, patting her on the back and giving her a kiss on the cheek. 'I'll be ok.'

I hugged her gently. 
'Tell the Doll Maker I said hello,' I said. I remembered her well and still thanked her so much for creating me and sending me to Mommy. I was fond of her and I knew the others felt the same.
'Take good care of Mommy for me, Aria,' Sophie whispered.
'I promise.' I said. 'And hey, Sophie, no matter what you look like, you'll always be my pony girl sister.' 
Sophie smiled. She was truly touched. 

Melody could not be contained. She cried pretend tears and thumped the dresser. 

Sophie opened the box and climbed in. 

She gave a little wave to her sisters. Her pony girl sisters. Her sisters waved back. 

Suddenly she cried out. 
'Wait! I forgot something!' And she climbed out of the box again. 

'I love you, Mommy! I'll be home soon!' she said running to Mommy and hugging her.
'I love you too, Sophie,' said Mommy. She sniffed. 

Sophie dived back into the box. Now she was truly ready for her adventure! 

'Goodbye!' 

'Goodbye!' 

And she was gone. 

Mommy helped the three of us back onto the dresser and taped up the box. We knew Sophie was already in Doll Sleep. I felt bad for Melody. She was taking this the hardest. But we were all going to miss our sister. 

See you soon, Sis. 
- Love Aria ❤️

Comments

  1. I can’t wait for her to get here! I’ll let her out to stretch as soon as she is delivered. So excited for her to visit!

    -Pam (the doll maker ♥️)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she has a safe trip, and will come home again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute when she gives you a goodbye hug. Loved this story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Louisa Runs Away

A Special Storytime

The New Room